o b s e s s e d

I am absolutely, one hundred and fifty percent obsessed with La Dispute.
Like, there aren't words to describe how obsessed with them I am.

I've always known that they were a band but I've never really take the time to sit down, research them, and listen to album's all of the way through.

Today I decided to do some research - Google and YouTube and the like - and honestly just got addicted to it and couldn't stop. There are so many fucking clever rhymes and metaphors. I can't begin to tell you how perfect it is.

If you care about expanding your musical library at all, and you're into alternative music, or really just hardcore in general, then I highly strongly, vehemently 100% recommend La Dispute.

Specifically the album Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair.

I don't know about everyone else but I'm the kind of person who can't listen to albums the whole way through, no skips, unless they're totally and seriously perfection.

And this album is perfection. I've had it on repeat for hours to be perfectly honest.

To hear the entire full length, go right here and you can listen all the way through.

If you aren't into the entire album kind of thing, I'll link each song separately at the end of the blog. <3

- - -

Other music that I've been totally, pathetically obsessed with lately is:

1. In The Shallows by Daughter
This song is literally the only thing I can fall asleep to anymore. I've recently, within the last few months, developed a sick, sad insomnia and whenever I absolutely can't stand to be awake any longer, I put this song on and within 3 minutes I'm out cold :3

2. We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus
Okay, I know what you're thinking and I totally understand. BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. Literally c a n n o t help myself from loving this fucking song. I hate that I love it but I DO.

3. My Understandings by Of Mice & Men
This song is probably the closest to perfect that I've ever heard. Not to mention that I have the utmost respect for Austin Carlile.... His voice. How do you not fucking melt like butter to it? I went to the "Right Back At It Again" tour in March when OM&M toured with ADTR and I begged him to play this song from the crowd, and he did and it made my life complete ok.

4. Stay Awake by Lydia
To be perfectly honest with you guys, I fell in love with a guy and then started listening to this band, because he loved them. And then I actually fell in love with this band. This song specifically. I have vivid memories of talking to him all night long whilst simultaneously playing this on repeat... Some of the best and worst years of my life to be perfectly honest.

There's more, naturally, but those are the top four for right now!

I'm actually really digging doing this kind of review/recommendation thing so if it's something everyone is into I could do this every other day? Or once a week as I discover new music? I have so much to talk about, music wise, I could write for years.

- - - - -

Track Listing for "Somewhere at the Bottom of the River Between Vega and Altair"

1. Said The Kings to the River
2. New Storms For Old Lovers
3. Damaged Goods
4. Fall Down, Never Get Back Up Again
5. Bury Your Flames
6. Last Blues For Bloody Knuckles
7. The Castle Builders
8. Andria
9. Then Again, Maybe You Were Right
10. Sad Prayers For Guilty Bodies
11. The Last Lost Continent
12. Such Small hands ~ Nobody, Not Even The Rain - This is my absolute fucking favorite, hands down.
July 8th, 2013 at 08:01pm