How did you get into writing?

I think this is a fun little challenge thingy to do. I personally want to know how everyone started writing stories. What got them into it, how it all happened basically. So without further ado, this is how it started for me!
I was in the fourth grade, and I was sitting in class with one of my best friends. My teacher told us to write a short story on paper for a homework assignment. I wasn't a too-big fan of writing, but I tried to go with it.
So as everyone knows I'm a big fan-fiction writer. Would you believe it if I told you my first fanfiction was written in the 4th grade, and it was about Harry Potter? That's what I sent in for my homework assignment. I was struggling, and I didn't know what to watch, and then I saw they were giving Chamber of Secrets on the TV. I stopped what I was doing to watch it, being the Harry Potter fan I was, and I saw the whole thing, and the idea sparked.
I personally thought I was a really bad writer, so I would fail. The grading score for the writing assigment was 1-6.
1 was 50% and lower.
2 was 60% - 69%
3 was 70% - 79%
4 was 80% - 89%
5 was 90% - 99%
6 was 100%, but hardly anyone got a 6.
I got my paper back at the end of the day, and then I saw a 4. I was quite happy with that, but not too ecstatic. But after I read it through it, I realized it wasn't my paper! My friend Bethany (graceful swans;) who was like my role-model in writing, came up to me and hands me her paper. "Jessica! Mrs. Day confused our papers, I got yours, you have mine!"
I sighed. I was afraid to look at my paper at that moment but I did anyway and I had gotten a 5! I was really proud, and from then on, I was really proud and started getting into writing.
I was then introduced to Quizilla, as many Mibbians were. After some time writing there, Bethany told me about Mibba, I joined, and been here ever since <3
So yeah, not too interesting but whatever.
Comment if you do a blog about this, I would love to read it! Thank you guys, mwahh!
July 8th, 2013 at 08:59pm