Avengers Roleplay Character Pet Peeves

Okay, not to be rude at all, but after I created my Avengers character (Lisabeth/Fahrenheit, as seen in She Rides) I started looking at other people's characters, and quite a good number of them have factors that just make me cringe.
As to what I'm talking about, these are the three biggest pet peeves I seem to find with almost EVERY Avengers OC that I run into.

1. A good number of them seem to be under 21 years old. Okay, I'm pretty sure when you're involved with something like The Avengers, hell, even S.H.I.E.L.D, you've gotta at least be a legal adult. No, 19 doesn't count. You're not of the real legal age in the United States. Especially when it comes to dangerous, top-secret, high-class dangerous situations like the ones in the movie. They wouldn't dare put a child, even a young adult in danger, unless they were TRULY up to the challenge.

2. Some of them are immortal humans.. First off, humans are not immortal. Unless you CLEARLY state that they were genetically altered by a freak accident during a test of sorts (kinda like the X-Men or something like that), then there is absolutely no way that your human character can be immortal. It is not possible at all.

3. They mostly have the same love interest.. Every damn character I run into basically always has this same damn trait. They either say their crush is Steve Rogers (Captain America) or Loki. Always, always, ALWAYS. It pisses me off because what if two people want to roleplay with their characters and they both have the same crush? They don't have a backup crush and refuse to change their crush, so they act like whiny little brats and miss out on a great RP.

---

Here, just to prove my point, I searched all over Quizilla and looked up EVERY Avengers OC, and this is the tally list of male crushes that I found (including mine).

Steve Rogers/Captain America: 74
Tony Stark/Iron Man: 41
Bruce Banner/Hulk: 40
Thor: 28
Clint Barton/Hawkeye: 21
Loki: 61

And here is a tally of the characters under 21, over 21, exactly 21, and non-genetically altered immortal humans (once again, including mine).

Under 21 years old: 44
Over 21 years old: 135
Exactly 21 years old: 35
Non-mutated/genetically altered immortal humans: 51

---

Also, out of the 265 OC's I found, 170 of them said that their crushes were "non-negotiable".

I fear for the future of roleplaying with my character...
July 9th, 2013 at 01:16am