Favorite Summer Memory (WP039)

Mood: Tired but awake
Update: Blog
Music: Stone Sour

If I had to choose a favorite summer memory it would have to be my second time going to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. It was for my 17th birthday. My mom let me invite one friend. That was the summer when the Harry Potter part of the park had opened. So, needless to say, it was a tad bit crowded.

At the time I was really good friends with the girl we took with us. We always hung out, and almost every weekend we would go to each others houses. I didn't care that I had only one friend at the time. I was just glad to have a friend like that.

Anyways, my mom went all out that weekend. We went to Universal the first day on our little adventure. It's a nice park and all, but one can get through it quickly. My favorite ride was most definitely Rip-Ride-Rocket. My friend and I made it a point to ride it twice. Now this roller coaster is pretty damn crazy. First off, the walk away to get into the carts moves. So, you basically have to jump into the cart as it is moving and you are moving and pull the bar down as quickly as possible. Then there's the steep incline. Now most roller coasters have a slanted incline before they drop you to your demise. This one had a 90 degree incline. The first ride was fun and we were super excited to go back on again. However, when we went to ride it again, it had broken down. So, we chilled out in a grassy area near by till it was fixed. When it was, we were two of the first people on it, and sat in the very front. Remember, 90 degree incline.

I love roller coasters, but that was terrifying. Staring right at the sky... Yeah... I closed my eyes. The next day we went to Islands of Adventure. That was a fun and long day. We stood in line for 2 hours to wait to just get into the Harry Potter area. Then, we rode dueling dragons several times thanks to our fast passes. I don't like cream soda. So I didn't like the butterbeer. I preferred the pumpkin juice, which tastes like pumpkin pie, and I don't even like pumpkin pie. We only went into one store due to the massive lines, and that was the candy shop. Sadly, we weren't able to eat at the Three Broomsticks. However, we were able to ride the castle ride once. We tried to ride it again at the end of the day, but it broke down. We were far enough into the line where we couldn't just turn around, but we couldn't go forward. So we followed the example of others and took an emergency exit.

By that point in the day my feet were aching so bad I thought I would fall over by the time passed the Jurassic Park area. My special birthday dinner was Bubba Gump's. That was awesome. It took maybe 15 minutes to be seated, a big plus for a restaurant on City Walk. Over all, it was a great weekend, and I really want to go back to Islands.
July 10th, 2013 at 02:34pm