It Is About To Get Very Real

Does anyone have that one person in your family that stops all of your re-set shows from recording when they pop up? Yeah, that person is my Dad. He sits in the recliner half asleep watching Ice Road Truckers or Loggers or whatever and when it pops up saying it's going to change the channel, in order to switch to the channel of the show that's being recorded, he stops it from switching or recording and then fucking goes back to sleep with the remote in his hand, NOT WATCHING THE TELEVISION.

I'm literally about to blow a gasket.
I know it's stupid to be upset about because you can find anything on the internet these days but shit it's just the principle of the matter.

He works all day, I get it. My Dad works so, so hard. But then he comes home and has hours and hours to do nothing and watch whatever he wants on TV.

I don't work during the day, at least not at a job. I clean the house, get all of the dishes clean, get clothes washed up, different shit so at the end of the week my Mom doesn't have as much to clean (because she/we cleans the house every Saturday morning like normal Americans).

But, even though I don't work during the day, every evening around 5 I DO go to work. I work at Arby's so you can assume that it's shitty shifts, shitty times, all of them inconvenient... And you'd be right. I usually work from 4-11:30. Sometimes I'll go in at 5/5:30, and since we close at 12 on Friday and Saturday, I sometimes go in at 6 on those days.

But it's like, okay. I sit at home all day, I get dinner started, I clean, I wash dishes, and then I go and work my ass off at work only for you to stop my ONE SHOW from recording? They know it's my show. They know it comes on every Tuesday night.

THEY KNOW.

And yet they still stopped that shit from recording anyways.
And I don't know why, but it supremely pissed me off.
I have to go scour the internet now, for websites that won't give my computer a virus and kill it.

fml today, honestly.
July 10th, 2013 at 06:56pm