Double standards or what

So there's been this heatwave in the UK, which isn't my main complaint but I'll comp;lain quickly anyway, It's really hot and I'm covered in heat rash, but let's get back to my original complaint, but is related to the heat.

Ever since the sun came out, my hay fever has gone crazy. I've been sneezing basically non stop for almost a week and my eyes itch so bad, my eyes are constantly watering and it looks like I'm crying. My mum had given the last pill to my youngest sister because she had sports day and that's fair enough.

The thing I'm going to complain about is that yesterday I was really ill. I had sneezed about 300 times in an hour (no joke it was ridiculous), I couldn't even speak because my throat was shredded from sneezing and I couldn't see because my eyes were hurting so much. Another thing you have to know is that I help my mum a lot with cleaning, she basically does nothing now but that's a separate issue, and yesterday was my go to hoover the downstairs of the house, which is seven fairly big rooms.

My mum knew I felt ill because I had told her earlier and there was no way she couldn't hear me sneeze as we were in the same room for most of the day, and she still expected me to do it. She's done the hoovering for my sister loads of times when she isn't feeling well, and it was obvious I wasn't well. Then they both had the cheek to be messing around, calling my name over the hoover so I had to keep turning it off and seeing what they wanted and dancing around me when I felt like crap and was really struggling.

I didn't loose it even though I really wanted to, just because when I was a bit short with them earlier in the day for getting on my nerves when I wasn't feeling great they both got all funny with me. It's like they don't care.

My mum insists that she doesn't treat me and my sister's differently but she clearly does, or she would have offered to to the hoovering for me. I would have said no but it would have been nice to know that she cared enough to offer.

What's even worse is that they both know what it's like. My sister's allergic to one of our cats and she used to get really bad sneezing attacks until the doctor prescribed her a special medicine, which was nearly exactly how I felt. She used to spend the whole day in bed., I had to head into town, which is a twenty minute bus ride, and buy some stuff for my mum, and I did that without complaining even though I felt ill. Then when I get back they both just take the piss.

I'm just really annoyed.
July 10th, 2013 at 09:17pm