Cool Britain!

Hello everyone! (: I've missed you. And I'm back.

To all those who don't know me; I'm Ninah, and I just spent three and a half weeks exploring the UK. And to say the least, those were the best weeks of my life so far.

Our trip started in Helsinki, which is the small capital of Finland. At first our flight was delayed 24 hours because of the bad situation at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. Despite that we were all really happy on 13th of June at 5 am at the airport.

We flew to Paris and spent the day there. At first we had a small tour, we got to our hotel and changed clothes. Our hotel wasn't that comfortable, no wonder it was cheap. We didn't have our own bathrooms but there were public ones at the hallway. They weren't exactly very clean and nice, but that didn't bother us. We didn't have showers, either. I think it was some kind of Ibis hotel. Otherwise it was really nice, and our rooms were quite clean and big enough. The breakfast was what it was, bread and juice, but we got along.

We tried to learn how to use the metro in Paris, but it was confusing, to say the least. We had to ask for help several times, but at least we didn't get lost. We headed to Euro Disney, yeah, that huge amusement park. It was amazing, and I recommend you to go there if you ever decide to see Paris. It was huge, and it was amazing. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) it was raining a LOT, but the park wasn't that crowded because of that. We tried everything and ate some junk food, which was really expensive, by the way:D But we had a great time.
We used the metro to get back to our hotel, but we stopped at a market to get some food and water.

In the next morning we got up super early for our sightseeing tour. We got to see Notre Dame, Louvre and the Eiffel, just to mention a few. We climbed up all the stairs of the Eiffel, but it was very crowded and we had to look out for pickpockets there. We could see the whole Paris! It was beautiful. (:
Then in the evening we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and the food was delicious. I ate a veggie burger because I'm a vegetarian. It was a cool place. After that we went shopping for some hours.

Then we took a bus at 11pm. We sat there for several hours until we got to the UK border. There we had to show our passports, and then we could continue. I was a bit nervous, for no reason, but it was late night and the border stuff was so super formal. After that we took a train to the UK (yeah there's a train for that) and then stopped at Portsmouth to have some breakfast before taking a ferry to the Isle of Wight.

At Isle of Wight we lived with a local family. They were all super nice and they explained us their way of life. It was interesting, how different it all could be. They had kids, several pets and a nice big house. It was a semi-detached house, I think. We spent three weeks with them. We could experience the british life; the food which was great by the way, the school (we went to the local college there) and the everyday life. We did grocery shopping, regular shopping, partying.. And of course we did lots of sightseeing. We saw the Needless, Alum Bay, Freshwaters, Carisbrooke Castle, many churches, small villages such as Godshill.. We lived in a village called Wroxall, by the way. It was pretty much in the middle of nowhere but that was cool. Reminded me of Finland, haha.

After those amazing three weeks we left the Isle of Wight with many precious memories. Then we took a ferry and a bus to London. There we spent three days. We saw all the important sights, ate great food and shopped too many clothes. We had so much trouble trying to fit them all in our suitcases and bags.

At 5th of July we flew from Heathrow back to Helsinki, said our goodbyes at the airport and went home. I actually cried that night, because I had to say so many goodbyes. Even though they all said those weren't goodbyes, but "see you"'s. I miss them all dearly. <3

Thank you for the best weeks of my life. I wont say their names, but I hope they know that I miss them.

Next year I might go again. I just don't know if I'll be able to afford it, or if I'll find out where to go. Bournemouth vs. Brighton. :D

Oh, I named this blog entry after a cool shop I found in London. And it was called "cool britain".

xxNinahx
July 10th, 2013 at 11:43pm