Frustration: A Blog

Image

When I went off to college I had to switch rooms with my brother, at both houses because he wanted my rooms like one of those birds that picks off the dead carcasses of other birds. I got over this, because it just wasn't worth fighting over anymore, and my dad should be moving to a house soon anyway.

But as it is right now my room is basically half of the kitchen separated by a makeshift wall, and connected to the living room. When somebodies doing something in the living room, I hear EVERYTHING. During the day I go in my dad's room when I want to write, no biggie. But at night that's my time to write. Everyone's supposed to be in there rooms and I need quiet, because it's 12:00am anyway, right? Tonight I have like six things on the agenda to write for tomorrow, and I'm already having concentration issues.

Well about ten minutes ago my brother comes sauntering out of his room and informs me that he's sleeping on the couch. This would be fine if he was only gonna sleep, but no, he has to listen to youtube on his ipod for like five freaking hours until he falls asleep. So I polite say, "well TJ, I'm kind of trying to write and your Ipod is kind of distracting, can't you sleep in your own room?"

He goes on to say no, he's sleeping in the living room. I take a deep breath and say, "Well then can I sleep in your room?" And he's like "No, stay out of my room. You shouldn't get two rooms to yourself."

Image

Like, really? I tried to be nice and compromise and that didn't work. So I run into his room with my laptop and we basically get in a screaming fight. My dad comes out and he's trying to diffuse the situation. And I'm like, "Can you please just tell TJ to stay in his room?" And he asks him nice, and TJ's like "Fine, whatever," and storms into his room.

Image

But then my dad goes "Thanks, Kay," all sarcastically and goes back to his room.

I'm like...

Image

Listen, I got kicked out of my room, he took the room with the door. I have a room that's not even a real room and is attached to the living room. When he had this room I never once complained that he got two rooms. Why should he get the room with the door and get to distract me by sleeping on the couch whenever he pleases?

Um... no...

Image

Whatever, I need to go back to writing now that I just wasted like twenty minutes ranting. Let me know if you see where I'm coming from, because god knows no one here ever does.

Image
July 11th, 2013 at 06:25am