Warped 2013

Hey guys!

I went to Warped 2013 in Maryland and if you read any of my stories, you'll know how excited I was to finally go. If not here's the inside scope you missed, basically EVERY update talked about Warped 2013 and I think people were getting sick of me typing about it. It was my first time and I kind of new what to expect because of the help videos I watched on YouTube.

Getting there: The traffic was horrible getting into the place, I didn't get in until 11:43 but it was no biggie since the bands I wanted to watch were later on in the day.

Inside: First thing I did was buy a schedule, with the times and stages and a map kind of thing. I didn't expect the crowd to be so huge and massive so I was in for a shock. I checked out Blessthefall's tent since they were one of my main concerns at Warped and surprise, surprise I was still able to get a wristband for a signing, #66. While waiting for the signing I checked out the other tents and got a Sleeping With Sirens wristband, and a drawstring bag. After that I went straight to main stage and got to the floor to watch Black Veil Brides and I have to say they killed their set, I took pictures and got some recordings. After BVB was Blessthefall and I was still on the floor but closer up this time and again I took pictures, I had to document this event. Straight after BTF's set I headed to their tent to be the first in line for their signing and they were all super nice! I got to high five all of them and got my picture of them signed, which was awesome it's getting framed along with my wristband and my mom's wristband. After their signing I head over to main stage and I watched Sleeping With Sirens. Sleeping With Sirens.... no words can describe how fucking epic their set was I was on the rail and took a shit ton of pictures and did some mini videos. No words can describe how complete my life was at that moment.

Next I headed over to the Ernie Ball Stage and watched Crown The Empire's set. When they said this was their first year on Warped it seemed like everybody was trying to make Maryland the unforgettable place, and not to CTE to everyone. After them I went back to main stage and watched the other bands, before Bring Me The Horizon came on. BMTH killed their set just as much as SWS did and it was fucking epic! I got to see all of the main that were main priority and more so all in all it was a win/win for me.

Getting out: It was total fucking chaos. I lost my mom in the mist of it and when I tried to go back and find her the crossing decided to play the bitch role. So after I FINALLY found her we had to find the car, but the Warped staff took the signs pointing to parking down so we spent over an hour trying to find where she parked. So our feet was hurting more than before. Needless to say we figured getting there earlier meant getting better parking. Once we got on the road, the traffic wasn't nowhere near as bad as coming in but that's probably because it was an hour after the concert ended.

So now I'm home where I'm bedridden because of my feet. They hurt so badly and I can't walk without being in pain so I decided to stay in bed and work on my stories since I couldn't update today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to update.

Now: I'm currently in bed trying to remember where I put the photo frames at so I can frame my signing from BTF and my wristband and my mom's.

EXTRA, EXTRA: Make sure you use sunscreen whenever you go to Warped because you can and most likely will burn without it. Water, water, water, and more water. Food, something sweet but not too sweet. The shit there is over priced, $6 for a glass of lemonade? $5 for a cup of beer? What the hell? No drinky alcohol it'll make you more thirsty. Plenty of people are smoking cigarettes, warning for those who don't like the smoke/smell. The place is huge with about 3 different sections, ugh talk about major pain in the ass. Make sure your phone is fully charged for pictures and stuff, if not hope they got the phone charging station next year like they did this year.

That'll be all! :)

P.S.If you already went to Warped 2013 somewhere else, tell me about YOUR experience! It makes sharing so much better when people share also. :)
July 11th, 2013 at 06:41am