RIP Uncle Dan, Dave, & Mike

I guess when I think about it, I've never really lost anyone in my life. Well at least I hadn't until March. I've had family members pass away but never anyone I was close to. It wasn't until March of this year that I lost anyone I was truly close to.

At the beginning of March I went to California to visit some family. I was there for 3 weeks and those entire 3 weeks I watched my uncle Dan slowly die. I was named Danielle after my uncle so it was incredibly hard for me to sit there and not be able to help. Back in '89 my uncle got into a car accident. A month after his accident he had an aneurysm that left him paralyzed from waist down and one of his arms deformed and unable to function. He had the mentality of a 5 to 8 year old. A year later in 1990 I was born. Out of my cousins and my sister I was the closest to my uncle being his namesake.

A few days after I got to Cali my uncle went to the doctors and they said that there was nothing anyone could do. All we could do was keep him comfortable. 4 days after I left on March 27th he passed away. It hit me like a train. I was a wreck. I didn't do anything but lay around crying for weeks afterwards. Some days I will see a trailer for a movie and think 'Uncle Dan would love that movie, I should tell Grandma about it!' and then I remember that he's gone. It's so hard for to grasp, even now months later.

It wasn't just my uncle that I've lost this year. In June, my oldest friend, Dave, was murdered, killed in cold blood. He was only 22. Dave and I became friends in 2002 when we were 12. He was funny and sweet. We stayed friends until 2006 when we started dating. We were together only 6 months before we decided to just be friends. Every once in a while we would both get busy in our lives and stop talking for a few months but we would always go back to talking, like nothing had changed.

It was June 11th when he was at his dad's house. One of his dad's roommates was high, I guess Dave made a joke that pissed the guy off so he went into his room, got a shotgun, and came back. The other people that were there said that Dave put his hands in the air and begged the guy to put the gun down, but the guy shot him over and over. Dave's dad Mike was outside when he heard the shots he ran inside and saw Dave dead on the floor. The piece of shit murderer turned and pointed the gun at Mike. Mike put his hands in the air just as Dave had. He cried and begged for his life but that scum didn't care. He shot Mike multiple times and Mike died only a few feet away from Dave. Dave and Mike were amazing people. Dave was he type of guy that would give the shirt off his back to someone. He was sincere, kind, smart, funny and an all around good guy. I never would have thought that someone could murder someone so amazing as Dave. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I just don't even want to think about this anymore.
July 14th, 2013 at 10:16am