Fellow Deathbat Family.

I went and did it—and now I’m so angry that I could feel my blood boiling beneath my skin. I was reading on a page called ‘Metal Hammer’ and I cannot believe the things that are being tossed around about their new single ’Hail to the King.’ Most of it is a mixture of good and bad—I personally love the song with every ounce of my being. I find it so hard to understand why there are people in the world who hate it and are having a hard time accepting it—along with their song ‘Carry On’ for CoD.

There are a lot of people complaining that it’s not the same because Jimmy has passed, and therefore suddenly their music is going to suck. I understand that Jimmy was the inspiration behind many songs, and you know what? I think he still is! I honestly think that they are a strong band because, even though it took some time, they got back on their feet and started to make more music.

Arin is wonderful and ya’ll just need to stop hating on him—he’s filling some kick ass shoes right now and I think he’s doing one hell of a job. Not to mention that he fits right into the family. I don’t know, I just think that no one wants to give them a shot anymore, and those who are not are obviously not their fans, or out fellow deathbats.

But I do know that people are entitled to their opinions and it is within our amendments. I clap at your honesty, but when I read comments like ‘not the same without jimmy’ I have to roll my eyes and give them a hand because of their silliness. Of course some of the music isn’t entirely the same, but jesus they are a band of mates who are literally brothers and they all banged their heads together to create every album—there isn’t just one person who created the album guys. This is what teamwork is about—give them the shot that they deserve and let them honor Jimmy in any way shape or form.
July 15th, 2013 at 05:34pm