What are your opinions on these topics?

I remember, when I was a senior in high school, before the end of every grading mark, we'd have to write a paper for a final grade in my English 4 class.

The four topics were Incest, Abortion, Gay Marriage and Marijuana use.

My views on incest? I don't really have one. I believe that father/daughter, mother/son, brother/sister is wrong. It just doesn't seem right to me, but then again, I don't have the right to judge. My parents were third cousins, and they had three children who came out alright. But they didn't find out they were third cousins until they traced their ancestors. I believe as long as they're consenting adults and know the risks and everything, they can do whatever they like.

Abortion? It's not my body, and it's not my decision to make. I've never had an abortion, and I don't think I could ever get one, but that doesn't mean other women can't. That's their choice, not mine. My cousin recently had an abortion because she isn't financially able to take care of a child. Did I shame her for it? Of course not. I went out and bought her chocolate and we watched cheesy romantic comedies on Netflix.

Gay marriage? I honestly don't see why this is still such a problem. We should be allowed to marry whoever the hell we want. I understand, some people don't agree with it because it is against their religious beliefs, but still. My cousin is a pastor and he married his boyfriend of five years about six months ago. They're as happy as they could be.

Marijuana? I've smoked it once. It was not for me. My boyfriend smokes it, but only when he's alone in the house. Not when his kids are around or when I'm in the house. And it's only about once a month or when he's really stressed beyond his limits.

So if you guys want to add your opinions or views about these four topics, go ahead. But please, don't be rude. Follow Mibba's guidelines and rules. Any comments that bash or insult or are just plain rude and disrespectful will be reported.

Anyways, I've had a great day. I hope whoever reads/comments on this has/had a great day as well!
July 17th, 2013 at 04:57am