Someone was killed in my hometown today

So i'm currently living the life here in Michigan (not really, kill me) with my senile grandparents that don't even know who they are anymore.

Call me a horrible person but I just can't be around people like that... I'm just not that kind of caring individual that can sit around and watch someones slow decline into nothing. Especially when one of them isn't even trying to better the situation.
Any way this isn't about that.

Whenever I leave town something seems to happen near where I live (or in my state at least), and it's usually something pretty horrific.

When I went to Maryland in April the day I was supposed to fly home, the Boston Marathon bombing happened. I was able to switch my flight to the next day but ... man that was a weird situation. I was in D.C. when it happened just going about my day and then I was looking at facebook and kept seeing status' about a bomb. I didn't really know anything until I got back from D.C. and went to my aunts work and it was all over the news.

When I went to California last month there was a shooting in Plymouth.
There was also a school shooting a couple towns over from where I was staying in California.

I'm now in Michigan and my boyfriend texts me
"Someone just killed themself in kingston center. got hit by a train"

So I quickly jump onto Facebook (the only place for reliable news and credible sources) and saw people talking about it on a Incident Alert facebook page. People are saying what a horrible accident it was but I know what the tracks look like and first off you can't just take the tracks as a shortcut anywhere. It's a high fence on both sides and it doesn't end until you get to the station or a crossing. Second there are two very large drop offs on either side that you could jump down in, in the event that a train were coming and you were on the tracks. This person was walking along the tracks and was struck. There is no way that they didn't feel or hear the train approaching.

Still waiting on the full story and to know who it was but so far that's all I know.
July 17th, 2013 at 06:56pm