To create and inspire.

What is my biggest dream? Do I dare indulge in the witnessing of new discoveries? Or cut, transfer and sew as a doctor? Perhaps I want to make millions and walk the red carpet. If you guessed any of those, well my friend, you don't know me at all.
In my life I have come to realize that over the years of your youth, and more commonly than believed, into adulthood, you struggle. Not, "I can't pay the bills" struggle, I mean, "I hate myself, I want to die, I'm bullied constantly, I'll never be good enough" struggle. Now, in a day and age where it's socially accepted to judge people on their looks and music taste, and to deny the happiness of human beings that don't fit your preferred role to society, I stand here, a mere onlooker of such ignorance and hatred. To live that life in the shadow of judgement, I can see how the thoughts of suicide come into play.
Seeing as I understand the pain these people feel, these people who are constantly shut down and locked away, judged and humiliated, I want to help. I want to help raise the spirits of the outcasts, of the unaccepted. I want to save lives and make people happy as I have been saved myself, through music.
Music is underestimated, people see it as something so simple, as an unimportant part of life. So, when told stories of how a certain song or band has saved someone's life, they shun the idea of music having such an affect.
"Music is just music."
No, it is so much more. It is life and love, it is happiness and sadness, excitement, depression, anger and confusion, loss, lust, acceptance, importance.
Music can raise so many emotions, music can heal so many hearts, bring joy into so many lives. Music can be there when no one else is and make you feel important. The lyrics can portray the thoughts and feelings of the listener, words that they cannot speak are spoken through song. It can bring energy, it can make the adrenaline pump through your veins, it can motivate and save a life.

To create and inspire.
That is my biggest dream.
July 20th, 2013 at 07:07am