Tallenge

Hey! So basically, last night I got a message, asking me to add my story to a talent site, called Tallenge. For those of you who don't know what that is, you send in your talent (in my case literature) and you have a chance of winning a cash prize. Fame and Fortune as they call it.

At first I was like, no. There is no way I'd win and even if I did, I don't want fame or fortune. Sure it'd be nice to have some extra cash but I really could care less. But then I got to thinking.

So say I did win this. $100 and an annual $10, 000. That is a ridiculous amount of money to have and not to sound like a spoilt brat but my family is already pretty well set. I don't need it, nor want it, even if it would be pretty awesome to have that amount of money.

Anyway, so I was thinking, if I did win this money. Nothing would really happen, I would probably just take my friends on a shopping spree, buy some alcohol and weed and throw a party.

That would be a terrible waste of cash if I won the $10,000. I would gain nothing other than a few T-shirts and there are so many other people out there who need the money more than me. With Talia Joy's death, making a new friend who's mother died from cancer, knowing someone with Cystic Fibrosis and watching a YouTube video of a little girl with Progeria (spelling?) I came to my senses that all those causes could use the money.

So I decided that I will in fact enter Tallenge and hopefully win at least $100. The money will be sent to a charity that you guys and people on other sites have decided. I will probably be joining tomorrow and will be sending in a short story and hoping for the best.

But I need you. I may be writing the story and will be the one updating, but the way we win is by majority votes. Once I sign up, I will post a link with the next update on my story where you can read and vote. Also, comment the charity you believe the money should be sent to.

Here is a list of the ones I have come up with but they are not your only choices. I am open for anything.

Cancer
Cystic Fibrosis
Progeria (rapid aging disease)
Animal and Animal Protection
Homelessness

Comment if you have any more that should be added to the list.
July 21st, 2013 at 03:58am