I am in need of your help good people of Mibba

So I got a new computer today and despite how awesome the computer itself is the operating system is Windows 8. As you may or may not know, windows eight doesn't have Microsoft word. That leaves word pad and notepad and I just can't stand either of those programs. Now I need the help of all you good Mibbians to find a new writing program.

The only requirements I have is that the program has spellcheck, word count, page count, and is virus free. I'm not even sure if there is a program that has all those features because I've never looked. I'm guessing that my best shot at finding a good word processor is on a website full of writers. I don't care if its fancy or has any special features for writers I just want the basic features that came with Microsoft word.

Another option I'm open to is if someone knows of a spell checker I can install separately. That would work too if there is a program out there that has a page and word count feature but lacks a spell checker.

In the meantime, I'm going to go look and see if its possible to downgrade this thing down to Windows 7. I know I'm alone on this but I think they should have left Vista alone. I liked Vista. I could work Vista easily and it had good programs. I liked Windows Vista more than Windows 7. But I think I like Windows 7 better than Windows 8. Curse you Microsoft!
July 23rd, 2013 at 05:24am