Rockstar Jew

I haven't updated in ages; I haven't been on Mibba in ages, not properly at least. I've been working on rewriting comments for a contest that I took over, as well as trying to decide a winner (it's a lot harder than everyone else makes it out to be). But while I've been gone, I actually did a few fun things.

In May, I turned twenty-one. I posted a picture from the epic partying I did, but didn't write a blog about it. On May 22, the day before the big two-one, I went to see Hollywood Undead. I met my awesome new besties: Alex, Sara and Jonathon. They were looking for a twenty-four hour mini store (Wawa, 7Elven, etc) and we started chatting. When I told them that I was waiting to see what bar they [the band] was going to because it was my birthday—midnight drinks with HU—they took it upon themselves to make sure I had the best kick off ever.

We ended up talking to some tour guy who was with HU, as well as meeting all the bands. And J3T told us they were going out drinking but not where. Thankfully, there are only four big bars by the venue and they're all next to each other. We actually saw them as we were driving to better parking. Anyway, J3T, who knew it was my birthday, saw us outside the bar and came out to wait/smoke for a half hour until Midnight. We went in, got drinks and then we did shots with J3T, Danny, Kurlzz, and a few members of the other band. They sang 'happy birthday' to me and it was beautiful. There was pictures all around.

We actually spent a good portion talking to J3T who is really awesome. He invited us to their NY and Philly show so we could all meet up again and have fun, but none of us made it. Next time we're going to start planning the moment they say their going on tour.

But, since I didn't go to the Philly show – my mom didn't want to drive two hours just so I could see a seventy minute set and then spend three hours drinking while she got bored—my mom took me to get a tattoo. I paid, but she promised she wouldn't bitch about the price and she would drive home, because what I wanted was going on my lower back.

I figured that I would just get the image drawn up, put down my down payment and then call the next day when I got my work schedule so we could figure out when I could come in. But since Sean was doing it and we've been trying to get me on his chair for ages, he did it right then. He had an early night and it worked out perfectly. He's a genius when it comes to tattoos, honestly, I don’t know what I would do without him.

All I gave him was the star, because I wanted the layout and he did the rest. We went through a couple of pictures – where there were flowers, there were stars, there were smaller stars, the swirls were different, etc. He was the one that came up with the cherry blossoms. I didn't realize it at the time, too excited, but he put two of them where I originally wanted roses.

Here it is, not even moments after it was finished. When Sean said we were almost done, my mom got her camera ready so she could jump in and take the picture. I was the last to see it: Sean, my mom, Tony and Rob all got to see it first. Ugh

Image


That was Friday though and now it's Tuesday, late Sunday night it started to itch and it's been itching like crazy yesterday and today (I might possibly go crazy). But today the first flaking started. I'm glad it's healing so soon because generally things take forever to heal on me. I've been packing on the lotion, which isn't helping the least with anything except keeping it moist.

Ugh.

But I'm already planning my feet; my mom wants to kill me. Especially since she knows that she'll come along again and finally get in the chair again. She wants one on her foot and a cover up, but she really wants someone older than her to do it. But the only place she'll go is my place and their guy, who's around or a little order, she hates his work. Sean and Austin are younger but she's in love with what they put out, especially Sean's work.

And as I finish this, my sister is driving me crazy. She wants to go to Uproar. I don't know if I'll be able to go, definitely, as well as which date. But she wants to do both and she wants me to come to both -- which is really weird.

I don't even know.

Thankfully, Friday, I'm doing my first ride to Jersey and back. We have to go pick her up and I told my mom we're going all the way down on both trips. I need to practice the roads so she'll let me go without complaint, and I didn't to re-remind myself of the streets in Matawan so I can get to Starland for Bullet.

I love how this whole post makes me seem so busy.

xox
July 24th, 2013 at 02:52am