Why being a romantic in this day and age is stupid/a problem (Part II)

So last night I wrote a blog entry about how difficult it is to be a romantic in this day and age... and I just want to address some of the comments left on the entry, because folks made some great points.

dru's sick and tired pointed out that long term relationships redefine the idea of "romance." I would agree with her whole-heartedly here. My longest relationship was about 1.5 years long. For me, it was definitely the little things that struck me as the most romantic. For instance, Ty once sent me my favorite kind of candy bar in the mail for helping him edit his college admissions essay. We hadn't seen each other in a month since I was 3.5 hours up north at school. She also recommended dating older men. I've actually done that. The last guy I was with was 22, and the least romantic of all.

Now, The Zac was 100% right in saying that many guys will only be cute if the girl is 1) worth it and 2) does the same. I agree. Girls can't just expect guys to be romantic without any work on their part.

As for Join the Masquerade... just wait. One of these days I'll blog about snow in the Northwoods... it's not as awesome up there haha.
July 26th, 2013 at 01:58am