SKINS

So, many of you guys may know about the British television show Skins, and how its final season is now coming to close.

I discovered Skins about a year, maybe a year and a half ago, and I became instantly obsessed. Nothing like this is shown in the States. I loved the raw feel to it. The cussing, the drugs, the sex, the pain and progression each and every character featured in each generation had. It felt real, like these were real people with real stories and real problems. I got attached, like I always do to amazing television shows (i.e, reality shows, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Weeds, etc.).

And now that Skins has said goodbye to Effy and, just this past week, Cassie, I don't want to watch Skins: Rise for Cook's last installment in this amazing television show. Cook was one of my absolute favorites in the entire second generation and the complete series. How am I supposed to say goodbye to him, and then watch the credits knowing that it's all over?

Many have been complaining about the loose ends Skins: Fire and Pure didn't acknowledge. But I actually like the idea of leaving it to the viewer. There were subtle hints about Freddie and Sid in Effy and Cassie's episodes, respectively. But if they outright talked about it and ONLY showed their lives from when the generation was over to "present day," it wouldn't be right. Five years have passed in their lives and now they're adults. Things have changed and people move on.

Cook's two episodes play soon. I'm excited but saddened knowing this will be it. Do anyone of you watch Skins, and maybe watch Fire, Pure and Rise? How do you guys feel about it?
July 26th, 2013 at 05:24pm