I think it's official, I don't have any real life friends now

I've been best friends with this guy for nearly 10 years now, in school, where we met, we were always together and people were always like "Omg you two are so going out" and of course we denied it because we weren't, but he's started to not talk to me. At all.

It started at the beginning of last summer, he was going to Uni and I wasn't. He practically stopped talking to me when the holidays started. I tried to text him a couple of times but he didn't reply, and if he did it took him two or three days. Then I went on Facebook one day and found out he had already moved to his Uni, and he hadn't even told me. I think I've maybe seen him four times since he started last year, and it really sucks because I don't make friends easily and I've known him for so long.

I've done so much for him as well. When we were like 13 he was diagnosed with OCD. I was the best friend you could ask for. I always made sure I had hand cleaner for him. I picked up stuff for him if he dropped it and cleaned it or threw it in the bin. When a bird pooped on him I took him to the head teacher so he could go home because he was having a panic attack. If it was anyone else I would have laughed.

When we were 16 he came out as gay to me. I was one of the first people he had told and I was really supportive. He was really struggling coming to terms with it and I helped him a lot. I didn't tell anyone about it, apart from my mum, and I asked his permission before I did that. The next person he told was a girl, let's call her Carly, and she told everyone. She literally copied and pasted the MSN conversation he had with her about it and messaged everyone in our group at college with it. Luckily, everyone was really respectful to him and didn't say anything, but it did end up coming out about a year later. He was so mad at her and they had a massive falling out.

Guess who's his best friend now? It's her.

I am so annoyed at him, all he did was complain about her, about the way she started arguments all the time, and now he's best friends with her.

He's always saying to me that we should meet up and stuff, but whenever I try to message him he ignores me texts. I just keep on getting let down by him.

Sometimes I think it's my fault because I don't want to go out often, but I actually told him that I have a lot of social anxiety problems which I actually need medication for, so he just doesn't even bother inviting me places. He knows he's welcome around my house anytime but he just doesn't bother.

It's got to the point that I don't want to tell him anything anymore. He doesn't know that I have depression. He doesn't know I'm asexual (which to be honest a lot of people don't, I'm not that open with it yet).

I don't know if I should just text him and tell him or if I should just give up. It would save being upset by him all the time.

The problem is I'm supposed to be seeing Avenged Sevenfold with him in December, so I want to make it right.

I also don't want to waste nearly ten years of friendship.
July 26th, 2013 at 07:56pm