Reason's why I hate the Eragon film

This was inspired by James Barnes; blog.

**warning, contains film and book spoilers**

I am a massive fan of all four of the books. I've read them all a hundred times. That's why I hate the movie so much.

I'll start at the beginning with all the mistakes I can remember without having to re-watch the film.

First of all, Arya is an elf. In the book, it is pointed out multiple times that she has pointed ears. In the film, her ears are rounded.

Secondly, Saphira grows up in the stupidest way possible. In the film, she literally flies into the sky and becomes and adult. THAT ISN'T RIGHT. She then proceeds to tell Eragon her name. In the book, it's a good couple of chapters with Saphira growing up and about the bond that her and Eragon grow. He also spends a long time getting a name for her that she likes, and that's how Brom guesses that he's a dragon rider.

Brom also doesn't die right. In the book, he gets stabbed with a knife trying to save Eragon from the Ra'zac, in the film he gets hit with a spear breaking Eragon out of jail, even though in the book that this happens after Brom dies.

When the dwarfs are introduced, they're ridiculously tall. In the book, they're described as being about chest height, and in the film they're just too tall.

In the battle at the end, it's only suppossed to be the Urgal's fighting, and that's why they were relieved because the soldiers weren't involved. In the film, everyone is fighting. Then Durza comes along on some giant smokey dragon thing and starts having and aerial battle with Eragon and Saphira. Um no this is wrong. Eragon is supposed to face Durza by himself in the dwarf tunnels and then Saphira and Arya fly down and distract him so Eragon is able to stab him in the heart. This is when Saphira learns to breathe fire. In the film she learns to breathe fire at the beginning of the battle.

Another thing with Arya, was that she had the wrong hair colour. It was only subtle difference but she was supposed to have dark brown hair and it was a dark blonde. Arya is also really flirty in the film, where in the book she's irritated by Eragon because he's so immature compared to her.

That's all I can think of without having to re-watch that blasted piece of rubbish.
July 26th, 2013 at 08:22pm