Camp's definitely changed me // My hangups with Mibba

Every summer for the past four years I've gone to a sleep away camp, staying for two weeks normally, with the exception of last year. I'm sixteen, so it's my last year to go to the camp unless I work there next year. I was sad and mopey from the beginning. Another thing this camp does is that you're not allowed any device that accesses the internet; meaning the only contact from the outside world is if you get a letter from someone.

This summer was the first time I'd have something to lose by going away; my relationship. I was happy and content with m first relationship. My boyfriend was ideal for me; he wasn't the prettiest guy on the block, but his personality is what got me interested 8 months ago. Being at camp, my biggest worry wasn't that he or I'd cheat; it was that I'd miss him so much my last two weeks as a camper would be burdened.

The exact opposite happened.

Before I go further, I have to explain something. Most of the counselors are young people, ages ranging from eighteen to thirty, as an estimate. That being said, a lot of the counselors are pretty attractive, and since most of them come from the UK or Australia, to American campers, it's like living in paradise. I've had a big crush on a counselor named Skillz (camp name, obviously). He was in Secret Agent Camp when I had it last year, and being around him every day made an impression on me. I thought he was the most attractive counselor there, even if most girls didn't agree. I never really talked to him though since I'm shyer than a turtle. But after going home last year, I eventually forgot about him what with school and all.

Well, seeing him again made something stir inside me.

That sounds bad; I mean my feelings for him resurfaced again.

Now that I've explained, let's continue!

So The first three or so days at camp, I did miss my boyfriend. I had dreams of him every night. But on the third or fourth day, I sort of stopped thinking of him. My mind was chasing after Skills, not my significant other. When D (for the sake of privacy lets refer to my boyfriend as that) wrote to me, I was a little annoyed. I also realized that being independent and not tied down is fantastic. Now, I didn't cheat on D, but a girl with a booty taking a Zumba class made a couple guys lock on to me, and they taught me how to grind. That's all we did, and since it's dancing I don't think it was bad. I realized that it was nice doing things with other guys, and that's when I seriously thought of break up with D. That wasn't the first time it's crossed my mind, though.

A couple weeks beforehand, D's best friend W started talking to me more. Both are attractive, but in different ways; I started noticing how good looking W was. I didn't have feeling for him, but I was appreciating his looks. Well, one night W and I were having a serious conversation, and we ended up telling one another our darkest secrets. While D knows mine, W hadn't told D yet- but he told me. I was blown away. How could he tell me after knowing me after a few months, and not have told his closest friend whom he's known for years? Nonetheless, I've kept his secret from D; and doing so made me be more interested in W. But after seeking advice from my friends I tossed the thought aside.

Back on track. So I'm planning on breaking up with D someday next week. I wanted to do it this week, but his birthday is on Saturday and my mom told me it would be heartless do do it before then. So he thinks I'm in another state and grounded from any technology- making it impossible to contact him. I feel slightly bad, mainly because D told me he's in love with me, and is really a nice guy. But I sure as heck like avoiding him. I just want this to be over with; so he can move on and forget about me, and so I can focus n myself more.

I took a leadership program at camp, and it really has helped me in more ways than I expected. I have a new sense of assurance and confidence. I mean, since I've gotten back I've applied for six jobs, and am practicing driving more. I came back with a drive I've never had before. Yay for growing up!

Next topic

I am too picky with the stories I read on mibba. They have to have what I believe to be a good layout. If the story is brilliant and it has tons of recs and subscribers, I won't read it if the layout it tacky. I really should stop that, but I just can't. So I apologize if you have an A+ story but I won't read it because of my hangup.

One good thing about this is that since I've been home, tons of ideas have been coming to me. I'm seriously working on a camp romance, that might be considered taboo for some. Okay. Well. It's about a camper and a counselor necking in the prologue. hen for the rest of he story they're both counselors. So sue me (which could potentially happen if this were to happen in real life, hahaha). And I've been wishing to write a Batman fanfic, probably revolving around Bane or the Joker. That being said, I've been reading more Batman fanfics on here. I die every time I search Bane since there's little to none good stories! So guys. If you know a good Bane fic, hit me up, yo.

Sorry this is so long. I had to vent.
Comments, questions, concerns?
July 26th, 2013 at 11:02pm