Keeping at it.

Day two of blogging, I'm on a roll. So what's on my mind besides the agonizing hopes to write beautiful poetry so I can apply to a really great class, let's see....I finally got my belly button piercing! After putting it off for so long, I'm glad I finally went out and did it. FINALLY. While I've planned to do this for years, I didn't actually plan to do it the day of, it sort of just happened. I went out on a coffee date with my cousin who's back from her stay in New York, and we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do for the day. After realizing that most of the hookah bars in town had terrible ratings, we somehow ended up at a tattoo shop and we both got piercings. It didn't take long for me to coax my cousin into doing it either, I mean, after I offered to pay for it. That's pretty persuasive.

And on top of that, I decided to randomly spend over $200 on online shopping. Which I never do. Mostly because you never know how something you bought online is actually going to look on you...and that's actually a lot of money to buy on clothes simply because "I felt like it." This is depressing. Then I decided to switch departments for my job during the summer/fall quarter. So, liver and pancreatic surgery here I come? I don't know, hopefully I get the job, it'd be a great pay boost, plus the hours are more flexible. And of course, I need to pay off the credit card bill that I ran up on piercings and clothes and all that amazing stuff that give me butterflies and shit.

The hubby is out fishing tonight with a friend of his. So I'm home alone, hearing crickets. Literally. There are crickets in my frog's tank and they are driving me nuts. I have a class I should be preparing for but every time I try to crack open the book I get distracted or discouraged, or both, I don't know. Anyway. That's that. And I think this is enough for today's blog. Honestly, I just wanted to hear the sound me typing, it's so soothing. So until tomorrow!
July 27th, 2013 at 07:32am