Maybe im just getting too old for this.

but i've stopped reading a lot of stories on mibba now. i feel bad for it, because i want to support all my friends and even the people who don't get much recognition on here because they're overshadowed, but i can't bring myself to.

it goes usually like this:
1. i click on story that looks promising
2. i see links for the two or more main characters of the story (usually like ~boy~ or ~girl~ or those little gender symbols; who knows).
3. the female or male/ male or male/ female or female are stereotypically appeasing Caucasian people, most likely a photo image of some male or female model or tumblr famous person
4. i back out

OR, if i decide to stay despite the generic stereotypically appeasing Caucasian people/person, i read the prologue, sometimes chapter one, sometimes chapter two, and i end up backing out 98% of the time because the story is ridden with overused descriptions of characters, metaphors, and 'pretty' words to sound poetic and shit.

and while some people i know on here are able to pull that off in a way that makes it sound so beautiful and magnificent (AHEM sour wolf. blades - tigermilk - she's so high. - puke - animal soup AND SO MANY MORE), it seems to have become so much of a 'thing' on here that it all just jumbles up into one big generic thing.

don't get me wrong, i've tried that route like everyone else because i thought that was what ~got me reads~. y'know, just put up two stereotypically appeasing Caucasian people and kill the story with metaphors and shit, but then i realized that it really just wasn't my thing and i stopped. but i'm trying to move forward as a writer, and doing a copy-pasta of what everyone else is doing just drowns out my own individual voice.

i'd LOVE it if somebody will get me back into reading on this website and suggest stories from either yourself or other people with characters that diverge from the norm in appearance/attitude and with a plot that's not another 1-2-3 love story. i want to start supporting my fellow mibbians again w.o feeling like i'm forcing myself.

thanks for reading.
July 29th, 2013 at 02:50am