Motivation Renewed; Update.

So the basic rundown of my purpose for this blog: I just really want to write my thoughts down. Ever since my latest blog entry I've had the urge to just note down what I've been thinking, doing etc. And I have to say I've no qualms in refusing myself which, as a direct consequence, means I will likely be posting these updates a lot more often - although the nature of the focus of these blogs is still undetermined at the present moment in time.

However, onto this blog entry and it's reasoning.

As I revealed in my last entry I've been working on a Star Trek fan fiction and recently released the first 'chapter' as it were on both here and my FanFiction.net account. Whilst it doesn't seem to be having much luck on here, which I expected, on my FF.net account it has already received 84 views and has 1 follow and 1 favorite - something I actually did not expect.

Now my purpose of revealing this information is not to brag - most definitely not - but more like evidence to back up the point I'm about to make which is simply I now have motivation.

Whenever I write something I quickly lose motivation, then inspiration and quickly give up altogether. However, the very idea that someone must've actually liked my work enough to follow AND favorite it is enough to install even a meager bit of confidence in my abilities.

So, that being said, I can say to you that I will definitely be at least finishing this Star Trek fanfic even if it kills my soul.

Live long and prosper.
Over and out.
July 30th, 2013 at 01:28am