Disney is GAY

Image

Haha! I tricked ya.

Not really though.

Okay, so I was browsing some celeb gossip (promise I don't do this often, not nearly), and I learned something very very cool.

Disney Channel's hit show Good Luck, Charlie is featuring a same-sex couple on their show.

XEDTCFUY GKUHJLRMTKJNLM!!

I freaked the freak out! I don't know how old this news is or anything, because, again, I am REALLY not in the loop about anything, but I got really excited. This is such a huge step. I am fortunate to live in one of the few, few states where same-sex marriage is legal (Seattle, WASHINGTON!!!), but most countries still ban gay-marriage. It's only legal to marry your true love with the same gender in 13 states, but legal to have sex with a horse in 23, and legal to marry your cousin in 26.

Yeah. Let that sink in.

Image

Moving on.

So, as you can see, the fact that a national, popular television station, with its target audience being children, is proudly airing an episode demonstrating the fact that families with same-sex parents are normal and healthy is extremely big.

Idk, I might be freaking out because I used to be in love with Disney Channel, and the fact that they're supporting an issue so close to my heart is very moving for me. Not gonna lie, I almost cried. Sappy, I know, but true.

I just look forward to the day Walt Disney makes a movie centering around a gay prince or a lesbian princess. Everyone's always like, "THAT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!" And I'm like...

Hm. Funny. Coulda sworn everyone said the exact same thing about black Disney princesses back in Snow White's racist day, but then...

Image
WELL WHADDYA FUCKIN KNOW!

So I just think negative bitches should keep their mouths shut and let the rest of us throw our panties in the air and rejoice over the small victories while we take eager strides toward bigger ones.
August 1st, 2013 at 01:38am