revelations -- footnotes for Memories (the isaac lahey fic written by waves) - 8/5/13

So you know how your teachers are like:
"What was the symbolization in Charlie choosing a spork instead of a spoon to eat his cereal?"
and inside you're literally thinking:
"Charlie was tf hungry?? He didn't want to wash the spoon?? What symbolization??"

Well, everything (mostly) I did in Memories is strategic, especially the flashbacks Isaac has and the breaks between the passages and especially how Sera is slowly revealed to Isaac and his thoughts during certain parts of his life. So, here are my 'footnotes', a term that's used loosely for this. It's kind of like Revelations for Teen Wolf episodes, y'know? Yeah, so enjoy, if anyone reads this at all /lmfao.

SO IF YOU HAVE NOT READ MEMORIES YET,
HALT.
THOU SHALT NOT READ THIS BLOG.
because it will ruin your life.
kidding. sorta. but it will have lots of bloopers/spoilers
Yeah. Memories is really close to my heart (it's my baby - atm - and I kind of think about it all the time and envision it and play it out in my head, it's kind of crazy actually /stoprambling)

so without further ado::

Chapter 1.
So instead of starting with Isaac meeting Sera or anything like that, this story is based around Isaac and his memories(thus the title) and so the first chapter doesn't have many hidden clues or anything but it will be important in the future? There will be parallels for sure, but this was to serve as a base chapter, more of a filler than it seems to characterize Isaac, his dad, and at home situation. I tried to kind of write it as an original in some parts in case anyone wants to read it as such for comment swap.

Chapter 2.
Instead of starting off with a flashback, we start off seeing Isaac strutting through BHHS's halls like he's supreme badass with his sexy-ass leather jacket. Whew. (/fansself) Anyhow, the placement of this passage before one where Isaac's battling his demons is my way of showing how once after the Bite has accepted Isaac, he's extremely confident and cocky, wearing his smirk everywhere as a defense at everyone he shrinks away from fear - because this is he wanted at some point - to be untouchable, unbreakable. He doesn't want just normalcy because normalcy is his father pretending that he doesn't beat the shit out of his son for a wrong move. Normalcy is people turning a blind eye and keeping things normal and undramatic and not meddling in other people's affairs, that's what normalcy feels like to Isaac. Other than that he has no clue what 'normal' means. Even on TV, the 'normal' things look too good to be true and he doesn't really know who he is yet, which a lot of teens are in the same boat, but Isaac hasn't figured out his personality because he's been physically/emotionally/mentally caged up for years which will bring about lots of trouble for when his world clashes with a cute girl from his AP World History class.

Then, we move onto a scene where Isaac's memories resurface proving that even in BHHS's hallways he's untouchable and the talk of the town or the likes - Isaac can't escape the moon, and neither can he escape the memories of his father, despite how much Derek's trying to help in his own way, Isaac's never responded well to force and Derek just isn't quite the person to lend that loving way or be that brotherly figure - he's more of an authorative figure and is closer to Isaac's father than we're willing to admit (i.e. hurting Isaac in hopes of strengthening him and the rest of the pack) but his memories aren't all that bad because in a way, the pain of his childhood is an anchor for Isaac.

We move on to the third part of the chapter and here we finally meet Sera in the smallest bit of passages. Compared to the other passages, the passage with Sera is deliberately short because the other two passages from the beginning of the chapter are overwhelming compared to something as little as meeting some girl who's going to be Isaac's partner for studying and doing take-home quizzes.

Chapter 3.
Instead of continuing with Isaac and Sera, the third chapter starts off with another memory because as much as Isaac wills himself to forget - he can't forget 17 years of his life. I created a scene where I decided to portray Isaac as this really quiet little kid who shies away from all the other crowds (feeling stifled and smothered by all the small bodies stuffed into an already small elementary gym) and instead he goes to and for the first time, Isaac feels normal and he's so goddamn excited because he's finally found something that he can see himself doing, excelling and being happy at and then in his rush, never have felt this strongly about his future (he doesn't yet understand that he can go away from Beacon Hills - that there could be a life outside of his father, the basement, and that the chains will soon outgrow him, even the shackles on his mind) he makes the mistake of biding his time on the computer and loses track of time till his father catches him on the computer which he's not supposed to be doing unless his father's given him time. His father punishes him and whatever sense of normalcy Isaac had before, looking up things about how he wants to live his future - what he wants to pursue, it leaves him instantly when compared to the immediate terror of the freezer prison.

As for the cuts on Sera's hands .... just stay tuned.

But the fact that she's fallen asleep is vital because it's been about three weeks into school and this is the first time that Isaac actually lets himself study her because she's not awake to watch him do so and he's safe from her returning his looks or even asking questions or being interested in his stares to do something about his veiled curiousity.

Isaac is honestly horny for her, among other things. This chapter is broken into two because at this moment in Isaac's life he's had at least a dozen (literally) full moons and his memories are not as abundant but they're still there. Chapter 3 is BEFORE Motel California and before the murders become ritualistic sacrifices done by some crazy bitch we all know and wish to kill. Honestly. Ugh.

but the attraction he feels to her is unconcious and he strays away because he knows that nothing good come from him befriending her and yet - he sees the cuts on his hand and he thinks to himself "she's not being abused, right?" and he's immediately panicking in his own head because he has to know - has to for all the times when people would look at him and ask questions once or twice and never pursue any further because 'isaac's a good kid and his father wouldn't do that' and so he thinks well 'sera is sassy and wouldn't ever let anyone do that to her - would she?' well, Isaac has no way of knowing because he doesn't know her yet - he knows nothing about her except those jeans look really good fitted so tightly against the curve of her thighs and that he wants to smother the thickness of her lips with his own except well, he doesn't even know her and he's been taught since a young age (architect flashback/career fair day) not to branch out. He takes what people give him (beatings, Bite) and that's what is 'normal' to Isaac.

Yeah, I'm getting carried away for footnotes but you should feel the tension from your computer screen or else I haven't done it correctly. (for all the angsty heat between seraac (ship name))

Chapter 4
Part 1: Isaac is beginning to notice Sera more and more, even if it's taking time he's starting to worry that the cuts on her hands are a little bit more than just her being clumsy.

Part 2: He's been denying wanting(maybe liking) Seraphine that he doesn't even realize that he's become so familiar with her that he's starting to get used to having her around. When he does admit that he at the very least wants her, it feels wrong in his gut because when has he ever been normal? Didn't normal constitute as having a girlfriend and maybe not getting the shit kicked out of you by your dad? Well, if that was normal, Isaac isn't it - and then there's the whole thing where three virgins and another kid(Kyle?) has died and

Part 3: This part is placed after he had a panic attack/episode in the supply closet with Allison and after they decide something needs to be done about the twins waging war. He knows Allison is a bit freaked out by him wolfing out and Scott's trying to calm her down so he leaves and when he's about to just walk home, he spots Seraphine after smelling her scent in the hallways.

The whole thing with Allison is just to show that Seraphine isn't that well-known or popular but she's been living in Beacon Hills for a long time and was definitely in a lot of classes with Allison so she doesn't see the point in introducing herself to Allison if Allison isn't even going to bother to talk to her or anything - it's not like they're about to be best buddies and go to a spa day together or something. Seraphine might also be just the tiniest bit jealous that Allison showed up not even noticing her, angling for Isaac and then cutting into the Seraphine/Isaac time. Yeah.

OKAY THE MOST IMPORTANT PART; asking about her cuts. Do you guys remember when Isaac and Scott were going and doing the whole show-down with the alphas and deucalion (the one where Derek momentarily dies and Ennis too) before that, Scott wasn't planning on taking Isaac. instead, Isaac waited until Scott was about to leave and purposefully didn't let scott leave with that bullshit excuse of going to get some food. This side of Isaac is the same side that goes to Seraphine and won't let her get away with what he had thought was happening. He knew that little small cuts could be anything like a cat with claws but he's been living his life with a monster and he doesn't want anyone to ever be hurt that way, so when Seraphine doesn't even want to tell Isaac about wood carving and her grandfather, Isaac doesn't give up. THIS shows that even though he doesn't know what the fuck he feels for Seraphine, he cares. He cares enough to press about something like cuts on her hands and how sometimes she doesn't come to school (although her skipping is scarce). So yeah, it's definitely boiling up guys. It shouldn't be long before they're having hot makeout seshes ;)
so my plan is to update this and put on the newest date and then re-recc it for the readers of the story, and hopefully I won't forget to update this lols. If you have any questions about Sera, Isaac, random inquiries, you can ask on this blog and I'll answer in the author's notes.

Comments will always fuel the fire of updates, so keep 'em coming and anything you wanna ask about or question, feel free to do so! I honestly don't think anyone's going to read this lol but I like the idea of remembering all this and writing down for myself to kind of remember~~

I welcome constructive criticism but please none of that 'i don't like teen wolf and your --- is horrible so pls i love blahblah more than teen wolf'. I know I have a lot of troubles with my grammar (english technically wasn't the first language I learned but it's my most fluent one) and verb agreement is also something I have trouble with so if you do see something, please explain it to me so I don't think you're a prick. If you see spelling or something else that doesn't quite agree like if I misplaced some events from the season, please don't be afraid to tell me! Congrats to you if you've read all of this! I love all of you guys! XOXOX

PS. SHIP SERAAC
#CRACKSHIP #WAVESTHO
August 3rd, 2013 at 08:38am