The Conjuring

My parents took me to see The Conjuring yesterday and long story short, I nearly shit my pants watching it. All this time I can say I'm a pretty brave person, I can drive pass an abandoned building or a cemetery without being scared, even the slightest, I sleep in the dark, I can function well in a black out without pissing myself like my two younger brothers did (and still do). I can do all that because simply I choose to avoid horror movies, I know I'm a pussy when it comes to horror flicks that's why whenever someone asked me to join them in seeing those movies, I would always decline.

I don't like being scared and helpless because I feel weak and I'm a bother to myself. I was fine and dandy not being scared but my parents thought it would be a great idea to mess that up.

So yesterday, I was told to dress up because we're going to have dinner with some of my parents' friends in this Korean restaurant. Then halfway through dinner, my mom dropped the bomb that we were going to see The Conjuring and I can't do shit because they already bought the tickets and I can't go home alone because it was pretty far from my house.

So there, I suck it up and went to the movies with my family. I kid you not, throughout the movie, I probably only saw 1/4 of it and spent the rest looking down and covering my ears. NOW, I can't do anything without imagining the horrifying looks of Bathsheba and the fucking Annabelle doll.

I hate horror movies. I hate it, I hate the way it makes me weak and I hate horror movies.
August 3rd, 2013 at 06:24pm