Nosy CoWorkers

Why is that when a person is hurt at work or home sick all their coworkers start to overly interested in their lives? I have had that problem since I hurt my leg at work and I'm getting sick of it. If I post something on Facebook they immediately think I'm talking about work and that isn't the case. They always ask what is wrong or if I'm going to quit and all I want to respond with is if I wanted you to know I would have told you. I'm not saying that all coworkers are like that but most of the ones who claim to be my friends have basically been trying to catch me doing something I shouldn't be because of my injury. I was cleared by the doctor today but I don't think any of them need to know that. My supervisor has cut my hours because of people running their mouths about me. I'm over the drama and I'm looking at a career change because of it. I just wish I had a better understanding of why other people want to cause problems for everyone else.

I know this probably doesn't make sense but I just want to hear everyone else's opinion on this type of situation. I've went so far as to delete people from facebook and I ignore their phone calls. I have one lady that lives just down the street from me and she constantly drives by my house really slow just to catch me outside doing something more than sitting. I'm beyond frustrated by this but I can't do anything because she lives on the same street. When I tried to talk to her about it she got really defensive and went inside her house. I was actually very polite to her about it and she was the one that started yelling at me. Once she went inside I was already back to my car and ready to go home.
August 5th, 2013 at 08:46pm