Let's take a look at our vaginas (Vaginal plastic surgery)

Let's talk about vaginas:

Like penises, they come in all shapes, sizes, colors and evennesses. Some are big, some are small, some smell kind of funny (But let's be honest: No matter the sexual organ, it's going to get kind of cheesy if you don't keep it clean.)

And just like the penis, there's a rush to make them live up to your partner's (or potential partner's) expectations. With men the motto is "bigger is better" a larger penis will impress and hopefully please. Born with a smaller penis? Take a pill (Though it should be noted that very few, if any, show signs of any significant size increase.)

But lately the same (or opposite, technically) pressure has been put on women. Just like with men, if you look at women in pornography, nudity in movies, skin magazines, etc. you'll see a very specific type of vagina. More than likely they won't vary that much, and the more that happens the more it starts forcing an ideal on society:

THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE

With both men and women: If you don't look like this then something is wrong with you and you should be embarrassed.

That ideal has pushed a new surgery: labia plasty. "Tidy up your fun bits or no one will want to play with them." should be the motto.

Just like any plastic surgery, I support it if it's what YOU want. If you can look at yourself, somehow manage to push aside what you think anyone else in the world would think or want, and say "I think I'd be happier with ______" then by all means, go for it. But don't do something like that because you think it'll improve your partner's desire for you, earn you friends, make people stop teasing you, whatever.

When it comes to genitals, weight, height, breasts, body hair, cellulite, the size of your nose, whatever...There shouldn't be a "This is normal" ideal instilled in men and women. You are your own normal, your own beautiful and there is no "Right" or "Wrong".

And if somehow we can get this across to the next generation, I truly believe we'll have a much happier society.
August 7th, 2013 at 04:24pm