It's a processing error.

I hate when NTs (neurotypicals) don't understand autism. They don't know how hard it is to live with this condition. They think we can simply just stop acting a certain way because they don't like it. Well, it's not that simple.

We can't just stop flapping our arms and squealing madly when something excites us. Our brains become overloaded from the sheer joy of something that makes express it ways we can't verbally. We can't just not meltdown every time something doesn't go the way we planned it to go or when we get overloaded. Our brains are wired differently.

It's like having everyone else in your life running on the latest windows software, but your brain is still functioning on say, Windows 95. What m trying to get to here, is that our brains process things differently. It's what you would call a processing error. When we process too much information at once, our brains can become overloaded and shut down. This creates a meltdown to erupt.

We can't just act the way we are supposed to act. There's a reason why most people with autism feel they live on the wrong planet. We feel as if we are aliens living on earth. We not know how to act the same as those around us, and it becomes frightening.we live like Alice everyday because our own world is more comforting then reality.

Sometimes, I hate having autism. It makes me act in ways that I can't control. I do my best to keep it under control, but it doesn't always work like that. People pick on me online because they seem to think its funny to bring my autism into the picture. I tell people I have autism so that they can try to understand. I don't want anyone to think I'm a horrible person for not talking to them or engaging in chit chat and whatever.

I know there are going to be people who don't agree with me. I just wanted to throw this out there for those trying to understand us.
August 8th, 2013 at 04:42pm