Feeling insulted.

So the other day as I was leaving this store and this random guy stops me outside and asks if he could take my picture to put on his Facebook page. As if that's a normal thing to ask a stranger. I declined, but he insisted, saying, “I'm not trying to get with you, or anything, I just wanted to put it up and say 'I just saw this bad ass bitch.'”
Uh... what?
And to make matters worse he was with a woman whom he claimed was his girlfriend. And she didn't say a word.
Once again. What?
Yeah, needless to say I felt really insulted and very uncomfortable. I just walked away, thinking what the hell? I know a lot of people like to throw around the word 'bitch' and call themselves that, but it's not a word I have ever used to describe myself, nor do I want others to call me that. Especially not some random dude on the street. Plus, why would I let you, someone I don't know at all, take a photo of me?
Anyway, I feel like no one really has respect for anyone else these day. Men think that calling a woman a bad ass bitch is a compliment and not something degrading. I mean, really, saying someone looks nice or you think they're good looking isn't good enough anymore? Apparently not. And don't let me get started on guys honking their car horns and wanting you to come up to their cars like you're some kind of prostitute.
Ugh. I hate people.
I just had to get it off my chest. OK. My rant is over.
August 8th, 2013 at 06:12pm