Abdication=Freedom?

A: I want to be free. I want to be able to be...utterly...free.
O: But what's the price of freedom?
A: Oh please, stop asking me so many question. I want to be free...
O: But how free? To what extent do you want to be free?
A: I want to do I want. Stop asking so many questions.
O: Tell me. Do you also want to be free of yourself? Do you want to and can you be free of your truth?
A: My truth is what IIIIII decide to be. What I decide to do. Since I've made this decision, I've been happy. HAPPY!
O: Have you?! Have you been happy?
A: What's that supposed to mean?
O: If you can be totally honest with me, and tell me you don't have bad dreams, tell me you don't wake up for no reason during the night, that you don't sometime darken your room and imprison yourself inside, I say you're happy. Tell me, Tell me that if not sad, you never go mad! Tell me.
A: Ummmm.
O: Well?

Something happened a year ago. The Night declared that she's abdicating her responsibilities and that she wants freedom and independence. But that was not the first time an element had fought for freedom, and it wouldn't be the last.
Now it's not safe anymore to go out during the night. People learned to get along with it and live their days as fulfilling as they could. But there is a rumor going around...
...that soon, the Sun might be doing the same.

If you don't have a perfect answer for that last question, I promise to give you insight to yourself during this book: Abdication
August 10th, 2013 at 10:55pm