Going through a boyfriend's phone

When we first got together, my boyfriend and I were constantly on eachother's phones. Not because we were snooping, but simply because neither of us cared too much for secrets and we didn't mind if the other one answered our phones or got on to play games or apps. Frequently I'd hear my phone go off and I'd have him answer it and reply accordingly because he was closer. And vice versa.

Now none of his ex-girlfriend's LIKE me. I know that from the many times I'd see his friend (and ex) Chris text saying something like "Call me when SHE isn't there." did it sound like he was cheating? No. He'd get fed up and call her (infront of me) and go off on her for being rude. She then called me scrawny
Image
but that's a different story.

Anyway, we'll do that and occasionally go through eachother's Facebooks, etc. I've seen him going through my text messages out of curiosity many times, usually getting all giddy when he sees I've been talking about him.

A few weeks ago I found questionable content on my boyfriend's phone while he was in the shower and I'd tried to check the time on his phone, and ever since then he's consented to be doing whatever I want with his electronics, day or night, to prove that it wasn't what I thought it was.

Well weeks later I'd forgotten about it all and we got back to our normal non-nosiness. Except today, while he was sleeping (he works nights) and I was getting ready for work his phone beeped. I picked it up without thinking and saw his "most serious" ex's number.

Now this isn't a problem. I don't have a problem with him talking to exes, seeing as how my best friend is my ex, and I don't feel particularly threatened by any of them. Plus I knew he'd been texting her seeing about a laptop and camera she's looking to sell and we need a laptop. Curious about the price, I went ahead and read the texts.

250 for the laptop. "Not bad." I thought, putting the phone down and trying to find my shoes. It bleeped again, I picked it up again.

150 for the camera "Kinda steep." I commented to myself, and continued to get ready. Then it bleeped again.

"And U are mine"

Image

Now I'm not going to wake him up, I'm not going to reply with something bitchy, and I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

When he gets up for work later, however, I will be handing him his phone with a raised eyebrow. This is the same ex who has complained to him many times that he "makes cute facebook posts" about me, when he didn't about her. How he seems happier and how it seems like he's forgotten about her.

The same ex I told him to comfort because I've been in her shoes.

The same ex who's face I will break if she's trying to call my boyfriend hers.
August 12th, 2013 at 12:28am