Music Mondays #1: "A Throwback"

...What's that a new segment you say?


Alrighty, so first let me start off by briefly reintroducing myself to these blogs. Most likely everyone here wouldn't know me, I've been absent from Mibba, blogs in particular for quite a long time, and recently I've started to become addicted to mibbing...mibba-ing? Is that how you say it?
...Anyway I'm back and I've figured that I might start off by posting this blog, in which I hope to turn into a weekly segment on music that I've found all over the interwebz or on the radio.


So I know music is very much a big thing in our day to day lives, and recently I've been taking a trip down memory lane and listening to some old songs that I used to grow up listening to. So here's a list of a few throwbacks for those nostalgia-driven mibbas out there.


  • Everywhere by Michelle Branch




This was definitely one of my guilty pleasures back in the day. Yes I'm a guy and even a guy like me can appreciate and sing along to beautiful song like this. I mean it's Michelle Branch. These days pop stars like Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato can learn a thing or two from someone like her.


  • Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus




From something soft to something a little edgier. I seem to remember this song around the release of one of the American Pie movies. A really good classic. Things seemed so innocent and simple back then.


  • Fallen by Mya




If you've ever watched a Tyler Perry movie, this song would sound familiar to you. An awesome hit back in 00's, and is still catchy over a decade later.


That does it for the first segment of Music Mondays. A threw throwbacks of the early 2000s. I hope you enjoyed your trip down memory lane. And if you have any favourite songs that you reminisce while growing up leave a post, or if you enjoyed this blog leave a comment.
August 13th, 2013 at 12:53am