"I Don't Have the Right to Live Because I Am a Pansy."

Image

^THIS is what popped up on my Facebook newsfeed tonight. It got to me so much that yes, it ended up on my Tumblr.

We are in a time where not only does ONE person make an insolent comment, but it is liked and agreed upon my OTHER insolent people. That is just sick.

You're right. I'm not in the Holocaust. I'm trying to live in 2013.

But you don't know what I've had to deal with in my lifetime that has made me who I am today. I have survived Severe Depression with Psychotic features, Anxiety, Anorexia Nervosa, and addictions. I'm not in a fucking war with Nazi Germany but I have to battle myself EVERY SINGLE DAY and this comment writer doesn't know what that is like.

I have WON the right to breathe every single day and the days when I'm not in mental and emotional pain, I tell you what, I enjoy it like a cancer patient who has months left to live. You know why? When you're walking around in misery so much that it's unbearable to think, you don't get a chance to really take in what others take in for granted. When you're not in pain, you see the world and the world is fucking amazing.

I'm a fucking survivor. I'm NOT a pansy because you know why? I've dealt with more emotional, mental and physical strain in my eighteen years than this guy probably will in their entire life.

I earned it and I give back every single second I can to people who were in my position before. Can he say the same for himself?? Can any of them??
August 14th, 2013 at 03:41am