Marilyn is Underrated.

I'm just gonna lay this down quick...Marilyn, of my story If I Could Promise Forever, I Would, is totally stepped over by her counter-part, Twitch.
I knew this was gonna happen, because he is such an interesing character, but I feel bad that I'm even on the bandwagon when it comes to overlooking Marie.
Her chapters (so far) are not long or all that fun to write, in my opinion...They will be, but just not now and it kind of sucks because it might be awhile.
I have to force myself to write her parts because I know everybody wants to know about Twitch rather than her.
Which doesn't offend me or anything...because I'm completely with my readers on that.
It became to clear to me that she was being underrated when I posted the last chapter and no one commented or sent me a message (you know who you are, if you're reading this...you shy little punks c;)...
But when I post one Twitch's chapters, it's like bam bam kapam alerts on overload.
I'm quite all right with no comments or messages...what bothers me is the pattern in which they spike and decrease.
It just makes me a little sad that I can't write the most normal main character in the story.
Not because I don't like her, because I ADORE her, but more because she doesn't get very exciting until much later.
Even so, I feel that she'll be dampened by her reputation and even her best segments will still by a hassle to read, because everyone wants Twitch, Twitch, Twitch!
I finally understand what my BFFL Gemma was going through with her character, Summer.
It blows.
Yeah, well...bye.
xx poison
August 15th, 2013 at 03:50am