Senior Life

It’s my senior year of High School; the first day back was kind of daunting. My first day back was actually the 8th of August, but that is beside the point. The fact is, next year; I won’t be joining my best friend, Kelsy, for her senior year. I won’t be there to see my best friend, Morgan, for his junior year. Yes, I’ll be able to go and hang with them, but I won’t get to experience it with them.

Truth is I’m scared. It’s exhilarating to know that it’s my last year of high school and then I’ll be joining the real word. It’s also terrifying. Who knows where I’m going to be in 5 years. Will I be a Pilot in the Air Force, or a soldier in the Army? Will I be an aspiring author living in California, or a journalist who is barely making it in New York?

I don’t know what I want to do with my life. Not a great thing considering. Most people already have a clue as to what they want to be. Not me. I’ve changed my mind so many times in the past 4 years that it makes my head spin; albeit I always come back to the Military. It’s scary. You see all of these freshmen walking around thinking that they are going to have 3 more years to figure it out. They don’t realize just how quickly those 3 years are fixing to pass by. It seems like just yesterday that I first stepped foot onto the grounds of Haughton High School.

I don’t really know where I am going with this, or even if anybody is reading it. Maybe I’m just trying to put my thoughts onto paper and hope that somebody else can share my thoughts or are terrified of what comes next. You aren’t alone there. You aren’t alone. I can only be thankful that I have great parents who have been putting up with my shit for the past 17 years. I can only be thankful that I have such great friends who have been hanging on with the rollercoaster ride that’s High School.
August 15th, 2013 at 03:50am