New Account

New account on a new website-

No, the website is not new- new to you, maybe, but with how often your friend had spoken of it, you may as well have already had an account for quite some time. To her never once mattered whether or not you actively had an account on the website she spoke so highly of- it was almost religiously worshiped, really.

Once reality hits, she remembers that you, in fact, do not have an account on the website she has been obsessing over, continuously speaking to you about for so long that you forget a time when her words had not lead back to this website.

That is when the pestering begins.

In her eyes, you need an account on the website; it is a must! Everyone should have an account.
And maybe it is an exaggeration, but she makes it seem as though those are her real thoughts instead of words you put her name to.

Eventually you do give in, unable to think of reasons why you have no need for an account on the website, and/or you are unable to handle any more of her constant pestering of you to make an account. You make the account, send her the profile link before having a look around- curiosity getting the best of you. It only seems natural to want to explore a website your friend has made you feel you already know; are all the things she has told you about true? Is the website even worth the time you spent to create the account she all but begged you to make? Of course you want to know the answers, that is only natural after all. She did, after all, put the website on such a high pedestal.

This is why you are here, posting an entry on that 'almighty website.' You created an account, and plan to take full advantage of all it has to offer. If that gives no indication of whether or not the website is actually worth it, nothing will, but you may as well start with the basics.

And everyone knows you are supposed to introduce yourself first thing- that is the reason for this post.

So maybe this is not about you, but I do admit to it being about me. Me? Who is 'me;' the person behind the keys?

Allow me to introduce myself:

The name is Gabrielle- Gabby is most preferred. I would never really say I am a writer, but never would I ever deny the joy I feel whilst writing. I will, however, wholeheartedly admit to my affair with reading as it causes me immense amounts of pleasure no matter the subject. Reading and I will forever be lovers. Atop all this, I do participate in dance and choir- singing and music in general holding another high place in my heart. Really, though, when it comes down to it, I am just a simple girl trying to find my place in this world. One day I will figure out fully who it is that I really am; until then, this is me.
August 15th, 2013 at 09:38am