Whitney Cummings Hates Women

Image

Hehe. I always write hyperbolic titles to get you guys to click. Lol. It works.

But anyways, no, I just watched her stand-up on Netflix, "Whitney Cummings: Money Shot."

So. Fucking. Annyoing.

I was skeptical at first, but then I got into it. I was like, "HA HA HEE HEE LADY FUNNY!" Rofl-copters all over the fucking place. Waking the neighbors and shit, cops responding to noise complaints.

I was having myself a dandy fucking time.

It seemed like she was calling men and society on all the things they to do to women, and then telling women not to go along with it.

But, oh, she is a tricky one, that Whitney.

No, in fact, the comedy devolves into this rant enforcing all stereotypes against women, and seems almost like it was written by a sexist frat boy who thought of every single misogynistic stereotype he knew and turned it into a huge, supposedly "humorous" tirade. I'm writing this after having watched the whole thing so I don't have any quotes,, but idk. Maybe I'll rewatch it and pick out some real gems to quote here.

Basically, Whitney talks about how all women are crazy bitches, overly sensitive, bend to men's will, hate porn, need to be married, and don't have any technical skills whatsoever because they are so content with living in their own happy fantasies. She literally said that women are not raised to be able to survive without a man. With a big ass smile on her face.

The worst part about it is, I think she feels like she's ranting against society and standing up for women. Like, she truly seems to believe that she is a forward thinking person with a mind of her own when it comes to women, their will and their rights. She's just a victim of very effective brainwashing, and then inflicts that same misfortune upon her audience, which consists of many women.

Idk, I just think she should stick to scripted television, and keep her wannabe-feminist-but-actually-sexist opinions to herself.
August 16th, 2013 at 01:09am