Goodness Gracious!

Do you live in the D.C. metropolitan area? Are you planning to visit this area? Welp, if you're not or you don't it doesn't really matter because I'm gonna tell you about this place no matter what.

Image

But, when I say place, I do NOT mean the District of Columbia. I mean, The Good Stuff Eatery; very interesting name I'd say. So anyways, this place is delicious! It's unfortunate that it only has three locations and one under construction. There is one in Georgetown, Crystal City, and Capitol Hill and there is one being built in Philadelphia.

Image
My mom and I were in Crystal City this past week for a conference with her job and on Wednesday night we thought we'd go somewhere that we couldn't get at home. The Good Stuff Eatery is a restaurant where they sell hamburgers. Yea, I can get hamburgers at home, but none like these. These burgers are made from 100% farm-raised beef and handcrafted burgers! I thought it was too good to be true, but as I watched the workers make my mom and my's meal, I was proven wrong. Plus their fries are fresh, handcut potatoes! They were salted so perfectly! I almost didn't eat my burger (I always eat my fries first).

But wait, there's more.

The menu consists of many different styles of burgers with so many different ingredients. That night, I decided to order the Prez Obama Burger. Mmmhm, a burger named after the President of the United States. Originally, the burger has onion marmalade, Roquefort cheese, and Horseradish mayo sauce; but since I'm allowed to change some things around (it's a free country afterall, I axed the onion marmalade, substituted the Roquefort (blue cheese, yuck) with cheddar, and changed the Horseradish into regular Mayo. When I took my first bite into that burger... Goodness gracious! So many flavors exploded into my mouth that I wasn't even expecting. I added hadn't added ketchup, yet, but DAMN if that wasn't the single most delicious American hamburger that I had ever tasted! Who knew something so great could have been invented in this country? (Joking sarcasm, I love my country.)

But wait, there's more.

Not only were the fries and burgers A+ worthy, the handspun milkshakes too! I mean, what the hell were they trying to do to me!? Being the vanilla and chocolate enthusiast that I am, I ordered the Black & White milkshake which basically means in the middle of the vanilla, there is an abundance of chocolate fudge. Creamy, smooth, and.... I don't even know what!

Image


But wait, there's more.

Yup, one last thing to be stuck in your mind. The Dip Bar. It seems like every place has a dip bar now a days, but really they are few and far between with uniqueness... The Good Stuff Eatery's Dip Bar consisted of regular bar-b-que sauce and ketchup, maple syrup ketchup, Chipotle bar-b-que sauce, and yes, MANGO bar-b-que sauce. I thought that was a bit odd to have in a place with burgers and fries. So, I, being the adventurous person that I am, took a little cup and put me a little bit of some mango bar-b-que sauce. I only tried it with my fries. It tasted something like better sweeter Honey Mustard sauce. It wasn't a replica of sweetened mustard, but the taste on top of the french fries is what it reminded me of... But even the ketchup was sweetened a little bit, so I wasn't too surprised.

I said all of this to say, I LOVE TO EAT and this was an amazing eating experience (because I definitely went back the next afternoon and got another burger, but this time the Colletti's Burger--many different ingredients than the Prez Obama Burger). By the way, this is not your average burger place (duhh) so the prices are higher than any other place (even 5Guys- if you know what that is); but it's ALL worth it!

(P.S. Sorry I had to bombard you with all the tastes and surprise I experienced with this new "discovery" of mine; hopefully you all can try it sometime when you're in the aforementioned areas)

(P.S.S. Sorry to those vegetarians out there, but I LOVE meat; but The Good Stuff Eatery does have a lot of food for vegetarians and vegans alike.) :)

Gotta go now!
-AaLiyah ChrisTina ;)
August 16th, 2013 at 02:48am