Regarding "The Unconventional" + A Goodbye of Sorts

I never thought I'd be doing away with "The Unconventional" when I posted the prologue. Perhaps I didn't foresee far enough into the future, but the time has come.

This question of: "Am I really going to finish this story? And by the end of the summer?" sprang up two weeks ago. I started re-reading, nitpicking and editing chapters as I went. Tonight I got to some chapter in the twenties when I was just about fed up.

I think all authors struggle with wanting their pieces to be perfect. In fact, you can edit and rewrite and polish a story five million times and you can come back once more and still find something wrong with it. For me, "The Unconventional" was supposed to be an entertaining read, but also be more. I didn't want it to be just another smutty or melodramatic slash. And, I think I achieved that at some points while at others, well…

My point being is that I have taken the chapters down and am now editing them in my free time, not with the deadline of August 26th looming over my head (because I planned on editing the whole story then posting the final chapters all before summer ended). With the upcoming school year ahead I have a year-long independent research project and presentation to prepare for as well as the PSAT, SAT, ACT, 3 AP tests, and the Nation Spanish Exam. I do believe it'll be difficult to find time to write leisurely with the immense importance of being successful this year being my number one priority.

I will complete "The Unconventional" or some completely different plot of it, but I don't think I'll post it here until it's truly complete. I don't know when that'll be (maybe summer 2014?). And I don't want to just leave it up, never to be updated again. Maybe it's just me, but I hate seeing my favorite stories abandoned and unfinished, so I won't be that person.

With all that said, this is a goodbye of sorts. I don't think I'll be coming back any time soon, but this is all an impulsive decision as per usual with me. It's been fun being a part of the Mibba community, reading amazing stories and getting feedback on my not so amazing ones.

and yeah, guess thats it. Im outttt
August 16th, 2013 at 08:47am