CANCER SUCKS!!!

I know that I've been behind on my updates lately and that is about to get worse. My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer and I'm having trouble dealing with it right now. She has to have an entire breast removed because it is filled with cancer and it has gone into her lymph nodes. I know that is bad and I haven't been able to do anything but cry all day.

I was adopted at the age of 3 by my grandparents so I always felt like I was blessed with two moms and I lost one in 2004 now I am in danger of losing another one. I don't know how long my hiatus will be but I have to be there for my mom. My husband is trying to be strong for me but he is dealing with a reopened wound because his mom died of breast cancer in 2008 and he is feeling that pain all over again.

How can I be strong when I'm so scared that she won't be able to defeat this monster called cancer? I can't stop crying when I talk to her and it makes her cry. I can't understand why this is happening to her. I feel like this is more than we should have to bear. We have had other health scares with her but those all turned out fine. Then the dreaded word Cancer was introduced and I can't stay positive about it this time. I know too many people who lost their lives to breast cancer and I'm afraid she will be one of them that loses the battle.

I'm hoping that everyone understands my need to take a step back from my stories for a little longer and will be patient with me as I deal with the personally problems I'm now facing. I'm trying to stay upbeat but writing isn't a priority with me right now. I just ask for your understanding and patience and I will get back to writing as soon as I'm able. Prayers are always welcome and helpful. I don't understand why this is being put in my life and I hope that eventually I can make sense of it.
August 17th, 2013 at 06:26am