Avenged Sevenfold Fans - Read!

I posted this on Tumblr, but I thought I would share it on here because I've been seeing so many people incessantly bash Arin Ilejay. And of course I brought up Matt's hair again because these are the two most infamous discussions going on in the Avenged Sevenfold fandom.

I don’t know what is going on with the Avenged Sevenfold fan base lately, but I wish people would understand that it’s time for the guys to move on. It’s been nearly 4 years since Jimmy’s passing. I understand that we all miss him, but as much as we all wish he were here, he isn’t coming back. It’s time the guys move forward.

The new photos of Zacky and Syn - just look at them - they’re smiling. They look much, much better compared to 3 years ago. They came a long way. The only problem now is that there are fans who complain about Shadows’s hair, and the fact they made Arin an official member of the band.

Let me just say that since the beginning, they have been all about change. Some of you need to learn to accept that. It’s part of life, too. And if it weren’t for Arin, we wouldn’t have new music. You can sit and bitch and complain about how much you wish it were Jimmy behind the drums instead of Arin, but that’s not going to get you anywhere, and it’s not going to change anything.

And stop hating Arin because you’re being selfish. He’s a good drummer. He doesn’t deserve any of the shit you guys are saying about him. If you haven’t seen them live with Arin, maybe you should just keep your mouth fucking shut. You have no idea what he’s capable of just because you’ve heard 3 fucking songs with him on drums.

How can you call yourselves fans when you treat an Avenged member like that? YES - Arin’s part of the band now. Get the fuck over it! He’s not trying to replace Jimmy, but how many times and how many of us need to say that for most of you to comprehend?

The guys are already getting so much fucking shit from haters. Why the fuck would you want to add on that? Their own fans are giving them so much shit for their hair, the old album cover, the current album cover and now Arin. Who the fuck are you to say what Matt needs to do? Get over the fucking hair already.

This should be a time for the fans to show their support. But no. 96% of the fans only care about their appearance instead of the music. Just go away if that’s all you care about. Please, do us all the favor and fuck off. I’m sick of seeing people comment on everything concerning the guys about Matt’s hair. I’m not saying I don’t respect your opinions, I do, but that’s not important. The new album is.

I don’t know what else to say that someone else hasn’t already said. I just wish this fan base would stop being selfish assholes, stop digging into their personal lives, and just worry about the fucking music. Because that’s what it’s all about. The beautiful music that our boys create.

Let's show a little more respect towards these guys, yeah? I think they at least deserve it. And in a recent interview, Matt said his personal life was none of our business. If that's not a warning, I don't know what is.

[Does anyone have that interview? I'd like to add it to here, and to my post on Tumblr.]
August 18th, 2013 at 05:02am