Results day rant || Recc me stuff?

So I haven't been on at all lately, and there are a number of reasons for that. Firstly, I have been working so much it's just tired me out and I don't have the energy to blog or even lurk really. Secondly, I bought a tablet not last saturday but the saturday before and so I've been mostly on the internet on there, and typing is still a bit tricky so Mibba's kind of been off limits really.

So last Thursday I got my AS results. Back in January I got 5 B's and I was okay with that because y'know I had the summer to pull them up and I didn't do too badly for my first go. I was hoping to get at least a few As this time round but no. I got 5 B's again. HOW!? In terms of marks and ums and things I actually did worse this time round, I got a bunch of Cs as well so that sucks. I'm really disappointed in myself to be honest.

A bunch of my friends got really mad at me for being disappointed in myself seeing as I could have done a lot worse but I can't help it. I've got A's all my life and I know these grades aren't the be all and end all but I worked damn hard to make no improvement and actually got worse results. It also means I have no chance whatsoever of getting into Oxford really seeing as they normally only consider people for interviews if they have three A's at AS level.

So yeah. I'm just going to have to work my ass off completely next year. D:

The subjects I took last year were Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History and English Lit. One more than is normal to take in AS year. I probably shouldn't have taken the extra subject to be honest, so I'm going to drop two subjects. The trouble is, I'm not sure which subjects to drop.

I'm definitely keeping Biology and probably Maths, so it's just between English Lit and Chemistry now. I suck at chemistry but it's more likely to get me into a Biology course, even if I can use Maths as a second science. Hm.

-

I'm in the mood for light/funny chaptered romantic stuff. Hit me.
August 19th, 2013 at 10:45pm