You Know What?

Do you ever have those days when you're writing and updating your stories every few days or every week, and never receive comments of any kind? Of course you do! It's Mibba! It's the Internet! The overflow of information and content is ridiculous.

I'm currently having one of these moments:

"When I'm a famous screenwriter, I'm not crediting any of you assholes for keeping me going when I was down!" Except the ones who gave constructive criticism, of course. What's more irritating? I update my original story, and the fanfiction I stopped writing gains another subscriber *facepalm*

Anyway, I'm still plugging along. I have my original story on Booksie too, and they never comment either. Sometimes I'm convinced it's not any good or no one is interested, but when good writers I admire read it and like it, I'm more convinced people have less appreciation for stories that don't go their way. Or people who read content online don't care about original fiction, one of the two. We have to be honest here and acknowledge that fanfiction is way more popular.

Some fanfiction is really good though, so some writers really have it going for them there. It's a great vehicle to get writers started. For writers like me though, we want to see our original work up on the big screen, or on the shelves of bookstores. I don't want my story to be popular because Alex Gaskarth is in it. I don't want to be popular because I wrote a good spinoff of someone else's more popular idea.

Ugh. One day people will be writing fanfiction about my movie or TV show. And I will lurk on Mibba and read it all :)
August 20th, 2013 at 05:15am