WHAT!?!? Hail To The King Full Album+ A7X= MIND BLOWN.

Ok, I think the title pretty much sums it up for me, but im still sitting here after just listening to Avenged Sevenfold's new album and still not entirely sure wtf I just bore witness to!

Is anybody else feeling like this? I really really liked it, its so different and there are so many different elements that literally just gave me fucking chills.

One main thing I took note of throughout the whole thing though, the one thing that seriously stood out for me...SYNYSTER GATES!! You are a mean Motherf*cker! Seriously, he like solo'd this album to shred's, unbelievable fucking talent. I have always really appreciated his talent, but this totally took it to another level for me.

Simply genius.

I cant give all the credit to good ol' Gates though. All the instrumentals were so crisp, Matt's vocal as solid as ever.The drums!! Props to Arin.

Just powerful, all of it.

A few of my early favourites:

Hail To The King- I just love it, it has grown on me soo much. ( I also like the video, its so artsy for Avenged and they are getting all kinds of mixed reviews on it, but I like it.)

This Means War- --Such a great beat, Matt's voice gives me chills. Awesome groove and Syns solo... fucking awesome.

Requiem-- This song made the little hairs on my arms rise, for real. The choir, Matt's Vocals...hypnotic really. loved this one.

Crimson Day- Heartfelt. I loved it. Its a Ballad, I mean it was supposedly written for Matt's child. Beautiful.

Planets--- One Word- Wow. Just listen too it! Matt's vocals are like a war cry in this, so good.

Acid Rain- Ok, not gunna lie, the first few chords of music I was thinking, oh god, its like November Rain by GnR all over again, but then the rest of the song kicked in and it was really good, although I do believe that Syn was channelling some serious Slash in this one. Epic.

Of course, with every album, there are always going to be a few songs that dont grab you right away, for me it was Doing Time. It wasn't awful, I just didn't necessarily like it as much as the rest, It was still a pretty good song though. There isnt anything on this album that I really dislike, which is rare for me.

Im still a bit in shock at what this new Avenged Album is like. It definitely has some 80's metal vibes to it lol and I love that.

You kick ass Avenged. AND YOUR FUCKING HAIR IS FUCKING KICK ASS TOO!.(seriously, the 'fans' need to chill the fuck out, its hair. Last time I checked that didn't affect the music, I guess there is always the possibility that Matt could get his hair stuck in his mouth mid lyric or some shit, but I mean come on!)

What does everybody else think about the music??? I wanna know your thoughts???

LIkes?, Dislikes?

No hate here:)

And Lastly, I am just so appreciative of these guys. I mean what other mega- successful band is going to hype the shit out of their album like these guys have, and then release the entirety of it for FREE less than two weeks before its actual release date? Unheard of. They are all for their fans. I love them. Period.
August 20th, 2013 at 07:52am