Site Rule Update: Bashing/Public Ridicule

Hello my lovely Mibbians. Recently I posted a blog about blogging rule reminders which you can read here and if you forget you can always read about the rules in the Knowledge Base. So, to begin, who should you contact in case you think someone is breaking a rule by bashing, public ridicule, anything else? Well, if you aren't certain then you can go straight to the admins:
Administrators
Nicole
Katie
Audrey

If it has anything to do with the blog section, then you can contact one of the blog moderators and we can handle it.
Blog Moderators
Cathy
Me
Rianne

If the bashing is happening in the forums then don't be afraid to contact one of the board moderators.
Sean
Mina
Or Me again


Bashing and Public ridicule is a big thing on Mibba and it isn't allowed under any circumstances. If you're having an issue with a user, if an opinion of a user's hurt your feelings, whatever the case may be it is not okay to bash that user or publicly ridicule them. If you think something they say is wrong or bashing something then you should report them. Don't take it in your hands because by doing so you may actually make the situation worse on yourself, we are here to help you.

Anyone found bashing, insulting, or publicly ridiculing anyone/thing will get an immediate ban. You will no longer get a warning. This is serious.

Now, do you know what actually constitutes as bashing?

This is actually up for debate and we, the staff, talk with each other about it. It's not just one person making all the rules and all the decisions. We try to look at things from different standpoints so that the most fair judgment is being handed down.

Bashing - harshly critiquing.

It's the difference between saying, "I think all fanfiction is fucking stupid." and "I'm not a fan of fanfiction."

The way you word things do matter because it can make a decent opinion turn out highly offensive. So, if you think anything is bashing please let a moderator or administrator know so that we may take care of the situation.

tl;dr

You will now get an immediate ban for bashing and public ridicule.
August 21st, 2013 at 06:47pm