I understand that he's homeless, but still!

Wednesdays are busy for me. Therapy day.

Today, I had my psych therapist at one, and my other therapist at two. I filled my psych therapist in on what has happened these past few weeks, and we talked about other things as well. My other therapist gave me a fun little worksheet to fill out, talking about what my "stage name" would be were I famous. I wrote down, Christie Isabelle. It's not too far out. Christie is short for Christina, my real name. Isabelle would've been my middle name if my adoptive mom would've had a say so. I personally like Isabelle better than Marie, but whatever.

After therapy, we came home and my Aunt Chris picked my mom and I up to run errands. We went to the doctor's office to pick up forms for my little brother, who's starting middle school on Monday (finally). We then went to the pharmacy to drop off prescriptions. From there, we headed to Walmart. My least favorite store. I begged my mom to buy me the two One Direction CD's - since I've betrayed myself by liking them - but she said no. That kind of depressed me, but I got over it. When we left Walmart, I swear I felt like I was having a heat stroke. No lie, dude. Then came the fun part!

We stopped at the corner store to pick up ice, and out front of the store was this dirty, grimey homeless guy. I understand, he's homeless. I know someone who's homeless, and chooses to be that way. He's almost died twice, and he has had multiple opportunities to get straight with his life. He just won't do it. He'd rather drink and do drugs than live a good life. Anyway. I don't know if this guy has to be homeless, or if he chooses it, but either way - he's homeless. So, I noticed the guy looking at me through the side window and I didn't say anything. I got out (reluctantly) to go get the ice and he was still staring. So, I turned to my my mom and made a face that said, he's watching me and I'm freaking out and he might take me and oh my gosh! She smiled, but I knew she knew what I was saying. I went inside, got the key for the ice box, and had to go back out. He was still watching me, as I got the ice and went back inside to give the store owner the key. My aunt came in to get a pack of smokes and said that he freaked her out too! When I went back out to the van, I swear. I was like, The Flash, or something.

Okay, I wasn't really The Flash, but you get my point! Then, as I climbed into the van, I couldn't shut the damn door! My aunt and mom were cracking up at me, but soon got serious. Once the door was shut, I said, "That guy was freaking me out!" My mom was like,

"I know, he was checking you out as you walked in and out of the store." I made my "disgusted" face and she said, "I was about to get my old, crippled ass out and put him in his place!" We all laughed, but it really wasn't funny. I'm like, terrified to go back to that store now! Oh well, that was my day. How was yours?
August 22nd, 2013 at 12:07am