To the Admins.

I want to pose a question to everybody: What do you think of the Mibba admins?

Now, I think we can all agree that what they do is not an easy job. However, there’s been a growing voice among the members that the admins are being inconsistent in their help. Some people they seem to let off the hook much more easily than others. These inconsistencies have caused some frustration. For example, recently there was a blog with potentially bashing content, and a comment on that blog with potentially bashing content. This blog was taken down, the user was not temporarily banned. The comment was taken down and the user who posted it was taken down.

I know everyone has seen the blogs by the admins explicitly stating what bashing is considered to be on this site. I also want to stress that we may be wrong! We do not see things that the admins see and we don’t know how you do your jobs. We also understand the admins may be very busy and may not even realize that they are creating inconsistencies.

If an admin reads this, if we are wrong, we apologize. But I would like you to look at how you are treating Mibba members. Mibba is an amazing site and we all want to keep it that way- that is the point of this blog. Let’s make Mibba the best that we can. If you’re accidentally being inconsistent, please do your best to correct it.

The admins have been doing a wonderful job of telling us what bashing is. I don’t think there’s any confusion in this area. I would like to suggest, however, a way to tell us what infractions will be punished with what. I understand some bashing is worse than others, but is there any way to perhaps create a system that tells us what punishments go with what? To phrase it a different way, how do you decide whether a user should just have the abusive content taken down, or to be banned?

I hope you understand what I’m trying to say. Thank you to the admins for all their hard work! I hope whatever feelings have been raised due to the potential problem at hand can be resolved quickly and respectfully.
August 22nd, 2013 at 06:48am